Job Title: Project Manager | Location: Lagos | Africa Women Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF)
Africa Women Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) is a pan-African non-profit organisation which nurtures and actively promotes women innovation and entrepreneurship in Africa, through its development programmes, accelerators, and networking events, including the annual AWIEF Conference, Exhibition and Awards which bring over 1200 women entrepreneurs, thought leaders, governments, investors, academia and media, together from across Africa and beyond
- The Project Manager will work to support AWIEF’s strategic and business development plans. This includes programme and project management, fundraising, new business development, research, M & E, project reporting, marketing and communications, etc.
- Manage a portfolio of projects/programmes;
- Day-to-day collaborative management of projects in line with project implementation plans, milestones and targets, ensuring delivery of project results on time and on budget;
- Ensure lessons are shared and internalized for purposes of adapting project design to achieve better results;
- Ensure smooth implementation of M&E plan;
- Generate, build and deepen relationships with stakeholders and partners;
- Identify new business opportunities, design new project ideas and write high quality proposals in line with AWIEF’s core vision and objectives;
- Develop project deliverables, monitoring, reporting and presentations;
- Identify appropriate tools and methods to suit projects constrained by timeline and/or budget;
- Contribute to marketing and communication strategy to ensure visibility and more resource flow into projects/programmes.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong project management skills;
- Ability to multi-task, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and effectively manage responsibilities across different projects;
- Ability to prioritize own workload, work effectively both independently and as part of a team, and ensure delivery of quality outputs within agreed timeframes;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to communicate and present clearly and precisely both verbally and in writing in English;
- A well-organized and self-directed individual with high work ethics;
- Understanding of and commitment to women’s economic issues and entrepreneurship, the values of equal opportunity and diversity.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Gender Issues, Development Studies, Economics, or related field;
- A minimum of 5 years of project/programme design and management experience in the development sector;
- Experience with designing and managing donor-funded projects is an added advantage;
- Proficiency in using MS Office tools.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the Job Title as subject of the email.